Friday, April 20, 2012

Once Upon a Product: Eye love you.

It's the little things that get me excited.
  • Who says I can't write about
    pizza and eyeliner at the same time?
  • A dollar won on a scratch-off lottery ticket - I know, I know, the ticket cost a dollar, and I really didn't win anything, but come on, let me be excited.
  • Going to a pizzeria that unexpectedly serves "white pie."
  • A really great eyeliner pencil.

When I find an eyeliner with a creamy, dreamy, lovely texture I want to shout from the rooftops how great it is. So here I am people, shouting really loud.

URBAN DECAY 24/7 GLIDE-ON EYE PENCIL IS MY NEW FAVORITE EYE LINER!

Whew!

Now let me climb down off this roof and tell you why.


As you may know from a previous post, I am still in mourning over the loss of my old favorite eye pencil ever, which was made by the now defunct Prescriptives. Over the years I have been on a constant hunt to replace it. Others have come close, but none have given me that same perfect-eyeliner-purchase satisfaction.

Urban Decay's 24/7 is a bit of a mystery to me because it is super-creamy and waterproof at the same time. How do they do this? I have no idea. Again, thank God for science.

It goes on super smooth, is easy to blend and smudge, then dries to a perfect long lasting finish. And talk about adding some color to your life - it comes in a wide variety of hot ones with fun names like Demolition (my go to brown) Zero (my go to black) and Gunmetal (my go to gun color.)


When they say 24/7 at Urban Decay, they mean it. I tested some colors at Sephora on my lunch hour and even after washing my hands all day the lines were still there at dinner time.

It stays on my eyes all day too, which is what I really want it to do.

Even after applying at six in the morning it is still on at six at night and looks flawless. This is good stuff.

Like keeping a picture of an old
boyfriend around.

So now, after years of searching, I no longer have to (sniff) shed a tear for my old Prescriptives eyeliner. I do feel a little guilty, letting go is hard to do. I'm still keeping my little nub of Prescriptives in my makeup drawer - just in case.

Oh, and even if I did happen to shed a tear, my eyes would still look perfect.

Sorry Prescriptives, this new guy is waterproof.

0 comments:

Post a Comment