Thursday, March 8, 2012

MUA Makeup Academy: Intense Glitter Eyeliner – her Beauty Notes.

Sometimes, when you see something with a price tag of £1, you’re usually expecting a bad quality product. HOWEVER, I was proven wrong with this when I purchased the Intense Colour Eyeliner Pencil in Intense Glitter (Black) by MUA.

To be honest, I brought this product by accident. My sister usually buys the Eyeliner Pencil in Jet Black, and me being me, I accidently brought the Intense Glitter rather than the Jet Black. In my defense, they look incredibly similar, but I’m still surprisingly happy with this product!

Packaging
Unlike most eyeliner pencils, it’s not just pencil. There’s a little special feature on it which comes in handy constantly; the pencil lid! The pencil lid doubles as a pencil sharpener, so you’ll never have to worry about having a blunt pencil. The only downside is there is nowhere to dispense it so you’ll have to find a bin to put all the left over sharpenings, although for a mere £1, I really can’t complain at all.

Texture
The pencil is very very soft, smooth, and glides onto your eyes really easily. There are both benefits and downsides to this that I’ve experienced in the past few weeks that I’ve been using it – it depends on the look that you want. Sometimes I just want definition, but the pencil smudges very easily so it’s hard to get that look, but if you want a blended, not so defined look, its perfect. Usually, I’ll draw a small line on my lash line, and smudge it in with an eye brush. It looks great and lasts for ages.

Colour
I know it says ‘Intense Glitter’ but it’s more like ‘Intense Black… with a sprinkle of glitter’. The glitter is noticeable but not over-the-top glitter, so if that’s what you’re looking for, this is probably not the best. The colour is very intense, it’s a very solid jet black colour and it stays that way on your eyes as well. It doesn’t usually fade to grey like some do.

Ratings: 9/10

The MUA Makeup Academy collection is available exclusively at Superdrug stores.

Advertisement

0 comments:

Post a Comment