Friday, March 23, 2012

Youngblood Mineral Cosmetics- Alabaster Eye Shadow & Suede ...






Today we have a couple of items for the subtle and neutral color lovers. Youngblood Mineral Cosmetics has a pretty wide range of shades (including a palette that's my absolute favorite for wine-mauve shades), including some very nice nudes. Their pressed eye shadow in Alabaster is a matte silky base. Try as I might, I couldn't get a decent swatch photo, but I can assure you that it's lovely on the lid and under the eyebrow. I often use Alabaster to help diffuse and blend dark colors or correct over-application.  Youngblood eye shadows can also be used with a damp brush, but in the case of a nude shade this is, of course, unnecessary.

Suede, from Youngblood's Intense Color eye pencil range (they also have an Extreme Pigment black pencil), is a very warm medium brown. It'll probably be far more effective on blondes and redheads who have a very fair skin and light colored eyelashes. The pencil itself is creamy and kind to the delicate skin on the lid. I sometimes use it as a base for a sheer eye shadow or on the lower lash line, where I need a lighter color than on top, but the right shade for me from Youngblood pencil eyeliner range would probably be the darker brown Chestnut.

Youngblood Mineral Cosmetics Alabaster Eye Shadow (currently $17, regular price $21) and Suede Eyeliner Pencil ($13) are available from Henri Bendel in NYC and ybskin.com. The pencil was sent to me by the company, the eye shadow was my own purchase at Henri Bendel.

0 comments:

Post a Comment