Saturday, March 10, 2012

A Hint Of Sunlight: Product Review: San San Waterproof Eyeliner ...

I bought this product because I was feeling pretty sober that day and I needed something to cheer me up. I've been eyeing this product for some time now anyway. 

So what do we have here?

It's San San Waterproof Eyeliner Pen in Regular Black.


The actual tip is pointed enough but it's still too thick for my liking.



What's supposedly great about eyeliner pens is that you get the same effect that you get with the usual liquid eyeliner in bottles, but without having to exert too much effort in the application. We see a lot of youtube gurus use this these days. Application is supposed to be a lot easier and more precise. 


without flash 

with flash

Verdict:

Pros:

The price (80 pesos and sometimes, it's on sale)

It does allow a more precise application.

Has Vitamins A, C and E.

Cons:

Tip is too thick.

Not waterproof, just a bit water resistant.

Fades easily. 

Not so pigmented. And it's hard to build the color up because it's liquid. You keep on having this feeling that you are running out of product even if it's brand new.

As you can see, the cons outweigh the pros. I feel like the manufacturer were trying too hard with this product  but sadly failed. They ought to reformulate it as their other liquid eyeliner is already popular anyway. 

I bought this so I can do dramatic eye make-up with ease. It was too tiring with my usual liquid eyeliner because I have to dip the brush on the pot every now and then. But unfortunately, this product is not adequate to be of any use at all.

I found one useful thing about it though. I can use it to line the bottom of my waterline whenever I use a white eyeliner on the waterline itself. I haven't found a good eyeliner pencil for that yet and this seems to do the job well because it's not as dark as a decent liquid eyeliner should be.

Overall Rating: 

2/5

Do I regret buying this product?

Yes

Will I repurchase?

No

Once I tried hard enough though, I found out that it is capable of creating a winged eyeliner effect.

With flash:



Without flash


I hope you found this review useful. Have a great day!

note: this is a scheduled post. I'll be back in April when all the school works are done. As of now I cannot leave any reply or visit your blog in return but rest assured that I will do so once I get back. You've probably noticed that this is my third scheduled post. And yep! you guested it right.All my posts for march are scheduled! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment