Monday, March 12, 2012

Yves Saint Laurent Crayon Yeux Waterproof Eyeliner

I’m not generally a fan of waterproof makeup. I just don’t personally feel the need for it. Yes I live in Glasgow and yes it rains pretty much constantly but I have an umbrella... the main thing that makes me wary of it is that at the end of a long day I don’t want to have to fight with my makeup to get it off my face. On the other hand if a product claims to be waterproof then I expect that it will be otherwise that’s just misleading. So it’s a positive and a negative then that I do not find this pencil to be at all waterproof.


It is lovely to look at, the black and gold looks expensive (it is expensive so it should look it!) and the cap is sturdy and well made. The pencil is soft but not as soft as the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On liners. It sharpens well without crumbling or breaking. The colour is nice and dark, at least as dark as MAC Feline and Urban Decay Zero. It transfers well onto the waterline which is where I typically wear pencil liners.

On the waterline it lasts about 4 hours so just the same as Urban Decay on me. On the upper lashline it does stay put all day with minimal smudging. But waterproof? No. I left that swatch there to set for a good half hour but it still rubbed off with very little effort. It removes just as easily as any other liner I own and if my eyes are watery for whatever reason it will start to smudge on my eyes. It’s by no means overly smudgy and I am personally happy with the wear but I certainly don’t consider it to be waterproof so if waterproof is what you’re looking for I’d carry on looking.

So with all that said and done what we have here is a good, medium length wearing average black eyeliner pencil. I like it about the same as I do the Urban Decay pencils although I might actually prefer this one a little more for the upper lashline as the UD can occasionally transfer up my hooded lids. The one down side for me? It’s £19 for the full sized pencil (this one is a mini). I do think you get the quality you would expect for the money but perhaps there are equally as good liners out there for a little less... x

*This product came in my Selfridges Advent Calendar which I bought myself* 

0 comments:

Post a Comment