Monday, March 26, 2012

Lale Beauty: Physicians Formula Brown Eyes Eyeliner Set

This is my first gel liner. Physicians Formula came up with these sets a while ago for blue eyes, green eyes and brown eyes.  The brown eye set has a shimmery gold, a shimmery brown and a black. The black has some shimmer too but somehow goes on pretty matte.

Here are they applied with an eyeliner brush.


The consistency was not what I expected. I was expecting a thick gelatin like consistency. This is more like really soft eyeliner pencil. Or maybe those kajal cones. Yea, it's exactly like solid kajal consistency but it doesn't work on the waterline. Don't even try, it doesn't stay put and comes off of the waterline immediately.

I was hoping to use the black one like that but tough luck. It's been made to use on the top and lower lash line. It's quite long lasting when used that way. I washed my hands after swatches and it was still there.

These swatches have been made with my finger and I pressed on the eyeliners a lot. 


The colors are nice. I don't mind the shimmer although it would have been nicer if it had been more subtle. I also think this product could have been made as a multi-purpose eyeliner/eyeshadow gel. I can't use this on the waterline, I can't use it as an eyeshadow. I tried, it doesn't blend well at all. All I can do is apply it on upper lashes with an eyeliner brush. (It's a bit messy on the lower lashes). The gold and brown is basically invisible when it's applied as a line, it lacks pigmentation. So the black is basically the only useful color. But it turns out I'm too lazy to line my eyes with an eyeliner brush every day.

The idea is nice, but the product is not functional enough for me. I wish the texture was different, applicability was different.

If you don't have any eyeliners like this and really want to try one, it's really affordable. But if you want something that's better quality that you're really going to put to use, skip this particular liner. A soft, long-lasting eyeliner pencil is way better in my opinion. At least for now... until I find a really great gel liner.

Final rating: 2/5


0 comments:

Post a Comment