Sunday, March 25, 2012

A Hint Of Sunlight: Product Review: 4u2 Styx Black Eyeliner

So I figured that I badly needed a decent eyeliner pencil. I'm more fond of liquid eyeliner you see. I asked Ayah and she recommended me this brand. 

The 4u2 Styx Black Eyeliner

 It's the first time ever that I get to purchase from this brand and can you believe it, they don't even have their eyeliner pencils on display. I had to ask the sales lady for it.

 I got it for 214 pesos at Watsons. Not too expensive, not too cheap either for my standards. I mean if it ends  up to be a good product, then I can breathe a sigh of relief but if it turns out to be a horrible product, then I'd be heart broken.

It's a retractable eyeliner. No need to sharpen it.


I applied this swatch with a light hand and found out that the liner is pigmented enough. It is creamy and glides on smoothly when I applied it on my waterline. 

Unfortunately it is not entirely smudge-proof.

My thoughts about this eyeliner:

It is a pretty decent product. The packaging is ok. Very thin and sleek. I'm quite satisfied with it since I only wanted an eyeliner pencil that would do well for my waterline during night time events.

Pros:

Decent price.

Creamy and very pigmented. Hence it'll be a long time before I use it all up even if there's very little product on the tube.

It doesn't smudge when I just apply it on my waterline. 

I can use it on an everyday basis.

No need to sharpen it.

Cons:

It smudges when I apply it on my upper waterline for tight-lining.

It smudges too when I put too much whenever I line my waterline.

I am scared to try it out in creating dramatic looks during night events where heavy application on the water line is required. It might smudge and I might end up looking like a corpse bride.

Overall Rating:

3/5 

(Rating might increase when I learn how to work with it)

Do I regret purchasing it? 

Nope.

Will I repurchase?

Yes. If I don't find a better product.

note: this is a scheduled post. I'll be back in April when all the school works are done. As of now I cannot leave any reply or visit your blog in return but rest assured that I will do so once I get back. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment