Friday, March 23, 2012

Eyeliner on my waterline, with contacts lenses? - US Campus ...

I used to wear eyeliner on my waterline, and when I got contacts, it would flake off and get into my contacts. Well one, it’s really painful and I have to deal with it for the rest of the day at school.

Are there any eyeliners out there that you recommend that won’t flake off? I’d like to stick with drugstore brands.

I’m 13 and have been wearing contacts for almost a year and a half. I use Maybelline Line Express (just plain black) It isn’t too expansive, either. It DOES wear off, but it doesn’t "flake off" and get in my eye…

my eyeliner–when it wears off–just kinda gets on my eyelashes (but i wear mascara so it isnt noticeable)

I don’t think I helped but I hope I did! :)

are you sure its your eyeliner that "flakes off"? i have worn contacts since i was 12 (i am now 20) and i only have problems when i wear my liquid eyeliner and non-waterproof mascara. those would kind of flake off and get into my eye. but if you use a kohl eyeliner pencil it is soft and never gets hard or dry so it cant flake off, also you could try a gel eyeliner, but that one is more permanent. it stays on really good and never smudges if applied correctly but it is a bit harder to get off
.
EDIT: The Makeup Forever Aqua Eyes eyeliners are definitely THE BEST. They are easy to work with. The Urban Decay 24/7 liners are almost easy to work with but they are too soft so they smudge more easily. For the inner rim, go with MUFE. They’re about 17$ a pop, but totally worth it. Mine has lasted me 3 months so far and I use it almost everyday. but i use the revlon gel eyeliner and that stays put for me. and the Kat vond autograph pencil but the only drugstore or close to drugstore one is the MUFE. but you get what you pay for!

I honestly don’t think your going to find a drugstore one that doesn’t flake :( If you don’t wear liner on your waterline often try sticking with just mascara and liner on your top lid. But if it’s your go-to makeup look then invest on a high end one meant for the water line! I have contacts and I suggest the Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Liner. It’s awesome and safe to use on the waterline!

i like the wet & wild gell eyeliner. what i do since my eyes water and i have contacts is take a cotton swab and wipe off your waterline. then place the eyeliner. then using the same brush apply a black shadow lighty on top & trust me last soooo much longer.

Not sure why you would want to put eyeliner on the water-line. It just makes the eyes look smaller and is awfully unhealthy to the eye.

What eyeliner are you using…liquid or a solid? I can see how flaking might occur with a liquid.

Try the one liquid paint on by Almay or go to and Estee Lauder consultant.

Have you tried the waterproof Revlon ColorStay? I wear contacts and it doesn’t bother me at all. (:

I would get a liquid and try that out, Maybeline has a cheap one that lasts a day. I used it for the same thing

Error processing request

0 comments:

Post a Comment