Wednesday, January 11, 2012

A Slice of My Life: Review : Dainty Doll Eyeliners 004 & 005

I recently used the Beauty Box Swaps facebook page to swap an unused product for two Dainty Doll eyeliners. I really wanted to try these but didn't want to pay full price for them as I'd seen some poor reviews about them, in particular the pigmentation, and I do think that they are overpriced for eyeliner pencil.


I love the packaging of Dainty Doll products. I love the drawing of Nicola, its a shame that this is on the box but not on the actual pencil. The design on the pencils is nice and clean, I like that they provide an accurate colour on the bottom of the pencil so that you can see the colour at a glance.
top 005 Night Train, bottom 004 Shake Your Tail Feather
The swatches on the left are before sharpening the pencils, as you can see the pigmentation looks very poor and it was also very scratchy to apply.
The swatches on the right are after sharpening the pencils. Thankfully this dramatically improved both the pigmentation and the ease of application.
004 Shake Your Tail Feather
005 Night Train
I am really pleased that I didn't let the negative reviews put me off these eyeliners. They work very well for me. Dainty Doll products are designed specifically for us porcelain ladies so maybe that is why they work so much better for me than they do others.

Dainty Doll eyeliner pencils are available from Boots and cost £10.50 for 4g of product.

I do think that these are very expensive for eyeliner pencils and I'm not sure whether I would re-purchase simply because of the price. These have encourage me to try more Dainty Doll products, in particular the blushers and lipsticks, watch this space!

Have you tried any Dainty Doll products? How did you find them? What do you recommend from the range?

0 comments:

Post a Comment