Saturday, January 28, 2012

Milani Liquif'eye Eyeliner vs Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Pencil ...

Milani’s LIQUIF’EYE Metallic Eyeliner Pencil has been considered to be the best alternative to its more expensive counterpart, the Urban Decay 24/7 GLIDE-ON EYE PENCIL. At $18 for an UD pencil, Milani appears to be the best alternative for your buck!

I happen to own pencils from both companies and I’m going to do a swatch comparison, and mini reviews of each.

The Urban Decay 24/7 GLIDE-ON EYE PENCIL

&;; Fantasia


It’s easy to understand why Urban Decay 24/7 GLIDE-ON EYE PENCIL is such a cult favourite–it’s creamy, and incredibly pigmented. Looking back, I almost wondered why I stayed away from pencil liners and never considered purchasing the Urban Decay 24/7 GLIDE-ON EYE PENCIL.

&;; Fantasia
Bourbon, Rock Star, Dime, Half Baked, Stray Dog, Underground

Milani LIQUIF’EYE Metallic Eyeliner Pencil

&;; Fantasia

When comparing the full-price (CAD$12.99) and availability of both Milani and Urban Decay in Canada, I do admit, it was more expensive to purchase Milani eyeliners than UD. When they had their thanksgiving sale, with 50% off retail price and free shipping, it wasn’t something that I hesitated about getting.

&;; Fantasia


Similar to Urban Decay, the pencils are equally creamy and pigmented. I love the aqua shade because it’s so unique. Again, it makes me very happy that there’s a drugstore alternative to such a cult classic.

I love both Milani and UD equally. If I had to pick one, I would pick UD because:

  1. - It has more selection of shades than Milani
  2. - It is easier to access in Canada compared to Milani
  3. - Urban Decay frequently has these on sale for $7-9 a piece, which makes it slightly cheaper than Milani
  4. - Brand association!

Let me clarify–I’m not a brand snob, but I can’t justify paying $12.99+tax for a Milani eyeliner pencil when I can pay a couple more bucks and get the bragging rights of owning Urban Decay products.

Have you tried either one of these products?

You Might Also Like:


0 comments:

Post a Comment