Monday, January 30, 2012

Giorgio Armani Beauty Waterproof Eye Liner Pencil for Spring 2012

I flipped when I saw Giorgio Armani Beauty's two limited-edition Waterproof Eye Liner Pencils ($27) for Spring 2012. Available in two colors, Antique (#4 - gold) and Copper (#5 - copper peach), they are softly metallic. I bought them both.

These exceptional pencils provide a pure wave of light with an exquisite texture. They will brighten your eyes, giving them the radiance promised by the Luce Collection.

These pencils are remarkably soft and creamy. The color glides onto the eyelids; you won't have to pull, tug, or irritate your eyelids to apply them. Because the formula is water-resistant, the pencils create a long-lasting outline that will stay put all day (or night). I'm not exactly sure why Armani dubbed these "waterproof" when the description says they are water-resistant. It's a distinction that doesn't matter to me.

I don't fall for every metallic eyeliner that comes along. How many can you use? I find these pencils unique because I can wear them during the day without looking like a makeup artist victim. The gals at Neiman Marcus shared a tip with me. Use the Copper shade to line the waterline of your lower lid. Like Le Métier de Beauté's Champagne pencil, Copper will mask any redness and open up your eyes. It looks natural on the waterline, even with its metallic color. You have to see it to understand how unusual it is. It also stays put on the waterline because it's water-resistant.

Linda Cantello recommends that you apply your eye shadow color of choice swept over the entire eyelid. Then use one of the pencils to highlight the inner corners of the eyes. That will open up your eyes in a way that looks more natural than the traditional line at the base of the lashes.

I think these shades are stunning. The gold is a soft metallic gold. Pure, molten metal, it adds pizazz with one of my favorite gold shades. The Copper shade is really shimmering peach. It's so pretty on the eyes (yes, it will make your hazel or green eyes very green), I think I need two. When Giorgio Armani Beauty has introduced this eyeliner formula in the past, it has sold out in a heartbeat. I suspect these liners won't be available for long.

I took my photos in full sun. I never succeed in drawing straight eyeliner swatches on my arm. I have no lashes to guide me. I suppose I should make some little templates, a la Martha Stewart, but I never get around to it. I tried to draw extra-wide lines to show you the colors.

These Armani liners are so creamy - and I knew that when I started to swatch - I broke off the tip of the Antique gold one, simply by applying too much pressure. It's extremely easy to do, so use a very light hand. Also, be aware that you should use very little pressure when you sharpen the pencils. You won't want to waste this gorgeous color; every smidgeon belongs on your eyes, not on a Kleenex destined for the trash.

They are available at Armani Beauty's Web site, and they have finally arrived at Armani counters. I purchased mine, and as soon as I publish this feature, I'm calling to buy a second Copper.

Photo at top courtesy of Giorgio Armani Beauty; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

0 comments:

Post a Comment