Monday, January 9, 2012

key's room: 90. [REVIEW] KOJI Dolly Wink Pencil Eyeliner in Black

So let's start off my first post of the new year with a review, why not? I finally found a chance yesterday to play with the light tent my boyfriend got me for Christmas and took pictures of my mini Sasa haul. Instead of a haul post though, I'm opting to jump straight to a review since I think that's a bit more beneficial than simply showing off what I've purchased. 

So I've finally had the chance to try out the popular Dolly Wink pencil eyeliner! I lovee the liquid eyeliner, so I was very excited to try this out. Also because I lost my beloved Revlon Colorstay pencil -sobs-

The ever-so-adorable packaging of Dolly Wink products is enough to make anyone instantly scream "I WANT THIS"

It's definitely the cutest eyeliner pencil I've ever used. Kind of sucks it isn't pre-sharpened so I feel like I'm wasting product just to begin using it. But that's probably just me being picky.

Swatches from dark to light~ please excuse my overly dry hands! > _ <

This pencil really glides on your skin and gives pretty good pigmentation on my hand. I was a little disappointed when I first applied it on my waterline. I had to go over it several times just to get it to show up. On my eyelid I got a much better effect, but I usually only use black liners for my waterline anyways~

Smudged the eyeliner once. Depending how dark you applied in the first place will determine how much it'll smudge. But I also pressed pretty hard, and I'm sure most of you wouldn't put that much pressure on your eye anyway to make it smudge this much! 

Ran water over my hand. No extra smudging can be seen.

Smudged once more after applying water, and it barely budged! I'm not sure if this pencil is meant to be waterproof, as most of her products I believe aren't, but this one passed the test.

So far, I like this eyeliner, but it's not my favorite. If I come across my Revlon eyeliner I may not bother picking this pencil up again. I think on the skin it's quite pigmented, but application on the waterline isn't very strong, which is a major downside for me. The lasting power however is impressive. After about 8 hours of wear I didn't find it to smudge or smear much at all. For me, that's good, considering I'm always having something splash in my face at work and attempt to mess up my face. In the end, I don't think I'll be repurchasing this product. I don't recall how much I paid for it (reasonable price), but I'd rather put my money in my trusty ol' Revlon Colorstay eyeliner, which I do highly recommend.

Final score:

Packaging: 5/5

Lasting power: 4/5

Price: 4/5

What's say we do a circle lens review next, yeah?

0 comments:

Post a Comment