Monday, March 26, 2012

Beauty Test Drive: Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Shadow Pencil - The ...

style

BTD: Highlighter

Benefit Watt's Up
Jessica loves Benefit's new Watt's Up highlighter! Read More »

Beauty Test Drives

All of The Frisky's Beauty Test Drive posts! Read More »

I have a really hard time buying basics. If I go to the store to buy a black tank top there is a high probability I will walk out with a sequined cocktail dress. The same goes for makeup. For example, last week I went to Ulta to pick up some moisturizer and other boring things, and walked out with a $20 sparkly teal eyeshadow pencil. You know what though? Sometimes I’m really glad I have absolutely no self-control, because this stuff is awesome…

OK, here’s the lowdown:

Price: $20, Sephora

Packaging: Technically it’s a “shadow pencil” but it’s basically just a really fat eyeliner pencil. The teal color I bought is called “Clash,” and as you can see the color of the pencil itself is pretty true to the actual color of the pigment. Instead of sharpening it you just twist the bottom to expose more of the tip, and so far it works really well. Keep in mind that the tip is very broad (it’s made to replicate the look of eyeshadow), so if you’re looking for a thin, precise eyeliner, this isn’t the right product for you.

Formula: The waterproof formula is creamier than an eyeliner but strong enough to stay put. It didn’t drag at all when I applied it to the delicate skin around my eyes, and the color is bright and buildable (the look I’m sporting here is two coats).

Wear Time: When this stuff says “24/7,” it means “24/7.” I took the picture above after I’d already been wearing it for a few hours, and it still looked pristine later that night. In fact, it was kind of tough to get it off with the makeup remover towelettes I normally use.

Overall: I love this product, and I’m excited to experiment with new looks and different shades (they’ve got a shimmery purple that’s calling my name). The bright color and waterproof formula would make it the perfect choice for a night out. Since it is more of a special occasion product, I do think it’s a little on the spendy side. Even $15 would be a more reasonable price–but that’s really the only drawback.

Grade: Four out of five.

0 comments:

Post a Comment