Sunday, April 22, 2012

Jolie Laide Beauty Blog: Review: ELF Shimmer Eyeliner Pencil ...

Generally I tend to stick to black pencil to line my upper lashes on a day to day basis, so it was nice to receive ELF's Shimmer Eyeliner Pencil in Gunmetal as a free gift with my last order:

The one thing I liked about this is the lid, it has an in-built (very sharp) sharpener that I've tried on a number of pencils and it does a brilliant job

The name Gunmetal is pretty accurate, the pencil is a pretty dark metallic grey shade:

Trouble is the pencil is super soft and the point smooshed as I was swatching it.

This pencil is super easy to blend but it does feel a bit sticky on, and there's now other way of saying it but the staying power was pretty non existent - within an hour it had faded significantly and a few hours later had all but disappeared.

I do have problems with pencil liners, UD 24/7 is one of the few that doesn't smudge and give me panda eyes, so I think maybe the ELF pencil just isn't suited to my greasy lids (I did use this with primer and an eyeshadow though... the eyeshadow didn't budge but the liner did).

It was nice to play around with a slightly different colour, but I don't think I'm be making a purchase in this range of pencils.

 ELF Shimmer Eyeliner Pencil in Gunmetal is available online and is priced at £1.50

Love,

Claire x

0 comments:

Post a Comment