Friday, April 27, 2012

Addict For Dramatics: Review: April Glossybox

It's that Glossy time of month again, and for once I got it on time without sneaking a peek at the spoilers first, so it was a lovely surprise! This month's edition is in celebration of Earth Month, which means a recycled, 100% biodegradeable box with a lovely hemp canvas ribbon and a gorgeous range of organic and vegan products inside. I took advantage of an offer this month and ordered a second box, seeing as I got my usual free with Glossydots anyway. So let's see what I got!
What was inside: This month was a great selection of organic, non animal-tested and paraben free products, which I am always interested in trying. The samples are all very generously sized, with one or two full sizes and they are all fairly luxury to high end brands. I got a similar mix of products in both boxes but with one full size where another small sample was - but to be fair the prices probably more than make up for this.

Box 1:
Ayuuri Natural Body Wash 200ml (Sample) - A generous sample of "fruit, plant and flower extracts" in a creamy, paraben-free body wash. I got one in Sandalwood. Full size is not much bigger at 235ml - £4.95.
Caudalíe Vinosource SOS Thirst-Quenching Serum 10ml (Sample) - In a size exclusive to Glossybox, this is a newly launched serum designed to quench the driest of skin. Full size retails at £29 for 30ml.
Inika Cosmetics Certified Organic Eyeliner (Full Size) - A rich and creamy eyeliner pencil in shade 05 Black Caviar, 100% organic and vegan. Full size pencil retails at £11.75.
Figs & Rouge Balm (Full Size) - A multi-purpose moisturising & soothing balm for skin, lips, cuticles and whatever else you can think of. The full sized balm I received is Rambling Rose, which is worth £3.29.
Kai Perfume Oil (Sample) - They say: Our intoxicating signature perfume oil fragranced with Kai's light blend of Gardenia wrapped in white exotics. Around a 1ml sample, full size retails at £41 for 3.6ml.

Box 2:
Ayuuri Natural Body Wash 200ml (Sample) - As above, in Rose.
Caudalíe Vinosource SOS Thirst-Quenching Serum 10ml (Sample) - As above.
Inika Cosmetics Certified Organic Lip Liner (Full Size) - A rich and creamy lip liner pencil in shade 01 Safari, 100% organic and vegan. Full size pencil retails at £11.75.
Figs & Rouge Balm (Full Size) - As above.
Yes! Nurse Hand Cream 50ml (Full Size) - As reviewed by myself here, full size worth £5.45.

What I like: My unexpected favourite of all the products is definitely the Kai perfume oil. I looked in disappointment at the tiny sample and instantly thought that it'd be a nasty floral scent and that I would probably hate it. I dabbed a tiny bit on - it is very floral, and surprisingly strong - and was amazed to find I loved the gorgeous wafts I kept getting from my wrists. It's not a perfume I would wear out, but I love it just for myself! I also am fairly happy with the shower gels as you can never go wrong with one of a decent size in beauty boxes as they're something I always need. The Yes Nurse! hand cream is a product I currently use and am just running out of, so for me this was bang on cue.
What I don't like: This isn't so much a case of what I don't like really, as I actually really like everything in this months boxes. The things I wouldn't use so much are the Inika products, because as much as I love the brand and everything it stands for, eye and lip liners are something I don't have much use for (especially as there seems to be an eye pencil in every other beauty box). Which also goes for the Figs & Rouge balm, as it has already been well featured in other boxes. The Caudalíe is a lovely product and I'm glad it was included, however the samples feel practically empty which means there is not much of it to actually try, which is a shame.
Was it worth the price? Overall I am very happy with the contents of this month's boxes, so for me they are definitely worth it - especially as I got one free with Glossydots and the other on offer. The Inika products alone make up for the full price of the box and you are guaranteed to get at least 2 full sized products in one box. So I don't think I could have spent £12 better this month!

This month's Glossybox was definitely an all-round hit - what did you think? As always, I'd love to hear any thoughts and comments in the box below!

0 comments:

Post a Comment