Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Urban Decay Ink for Eyes Cream Eyeliner [REVIEW/PHOTOS]

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil has been my eyeliner of choice for several months now; I love its smooth application, ability to blend and long-lasting wear. Since some Urban Decay products have been on sale for very discounted prices lately, I decided to give another Urban Decay eyeliner a try: Ink for Eyes. Ink for Eyes is a hybrid between a traditional pencil eyeliner and a liquid eyeliner. (I will admit I’ve never been that great at applying liquid eyeliner, so a gel seemed like a good alternative.)

I decided to go with Ink for Eyes in Demolition, a deep chocolate color, since I already have pencils in charcoal and black. The first thing I noticed and liked about Ink for Eyes is the slick packaging, which includes a mirror and a double-ended applicator with precision and smudgy ends.

The consistency of Ink for Eyes is that of a gel/cream eyeliner. The only other eyeliners of this type that I have tried in the past were Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner and Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner, neither of which impressed me. Fortunately, the smooth consistency of Ink for Eyes makes it extremely easy to apply an even line.

Here is a breakdown of my likes and dislikes of Urban Decay Ink for Eyes.

PROS

CONS

Natural and sheer look Not as long-lasting as some eyeliner pencils (UD 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil) or liquid eyeliners
Easy to apply May not be best for women with oily eyelids, tends to smudge a bit after a few hours of wear (using an eye shadow primer first should help – here is my favorite)
Useful case which includes mirror and double-ended applicator On the pricey side (regularly $22, but I scored mine on sale for $7)

0 comments:

Post a Comment