Sunday, February 19, 2012

Statement Eyeliner Face of the Day | Makeup Utopia

Statement Eyeiner 1

This weeks Face of the Day was almost a happy accident. I had visions on a strong MONOCHROME editorial look, heavy on the black - black eyeshadow, black lipstick, even contouring with a black shadow. 

I started by sketching out some basic shapes around my eye using a white eyeliner as a guide (a good trick if you are planning a statement eyeliner look), and I quite liked the shapes that started to appear around my eyes.

Statement Eyeliner

After I drew in the shapes with a liquid eyeliner, I felt quite satisfied that all I needed were some eyebrows and I would be good to go. 

In keeping with the MONOCHROME theme, I used a black eyeshadow to fill in my brows, and VOILA! The finished look! I hope you like it - please let me know in the comments below.

Statement Eyeliner 3

sTATEMENT eYELINER 4

Statement Eyeliner 5

Statement Eyeliner Products Used

Skin:

  • Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum in #51
  • B Collection by Bloom Quick Fix Kit Concealer Kit in Medium - Dark*. I used the lightest concealer to cover blemishes, and the highlighter to highlight my cheekbones, nose and browbones.
  • MAC Mineralize Concealer in NW35* to contour my cheeks and temples.

Eyes:

  • NYX Eyeliner Pencil in White (not pictured) to sketch out the shapes.
  • Maybelline Master Precise Liquid Liner* to draw in the shapes.
  • Sugarpill Pressed Eyeshadow in Bulletproof for my lower lashine and to fill in my brows.
  • Maybelline One by One Volum' Express Mascara*.
  • Duo lash glue.
  • Random false lashes from my stash.

Lips:

  • MAC Innocence, Beware! Lipstick*.

​Products marked with a * were provided for editorial consideration.

Remember to upload your own interpretation of this theme into the Makeup Utopia Challenge Forum. You'll receive 50 points in the Makeup Utopia competition for each look you upload, and your look will be featured in the Makeup Utopia Magazine!

0 comments:

Post a Comment