Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A Lucky Fifth: Product Review: Almay Liquid Eyeliner Pen

You often hear women mention that they cannot live without a certain makeup product. It's their desert island product - the one they feel naked without. My never-leave-home-without-it product is eyeliner. I love a defined eye. I feel as though it wakes up my face. That said, I love to experiment with eyeliner in different textures. My all-time favorite eyeliner is Almay's basic eyeliner pencil which is somewhere between kohl and gel (see it here).
Given my love for that eyeliner and the fact that my makeup bosom buddy recommended it, I knew I had to try Almay's liquid eyeliner pencil
The Claim: "Provides high impact color with up to 16 hours of wear...Easy application...Glides smoothly on lids."
The Good: For those of you who struggle with applying liquid liner, this is a no-fail solution. The pointed felt tip is easy to glide over the lash line. Application is a cinch, even when you're attempting a flirty cat-eye like the photo above. The liner lasts all day and is easy to remove with makeup remover. No harsh scrubbing needed. The formula is hypoallergenic which is amazing for sensitive eyes and the products are made in the USA. (yay!)

The Bad: My one complaint with this product is that I wish the color was a little more saturated. I did have to go over my line twice to get the deep, dark black line I wanted. However, this wouldn't prevent me from buying/using the product and if you want a jet black line Almay makes another liquid liner that will do the trick (see it here).

The Verdict: I love Almay products and I'd certainly recommend this liner. I think it is especially great for those who are just learning to use a liquid liner and don't want to break the bank on an expensive formula. It's easy to maneuver felt tip makes it one of the easiest to apply liquid liners I've tried yet.

image via Pinterest

0 comments:

Post a Comment